Your privacy is important to TissBoda. TissBoda ride shall therefore take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data of users. For the purpose of this clause “personal data” shall be defined as detailed in the Data Protection Act No. 24 of 2019. The Data Protection Act may be downloaded from: http://kenyalaw.org:8181/exist/kenyalex/actview.xql?actid=No.%2024%20of%202019. TissBoda has developed a privacy statement that covers how we collect, use and disclose, transfer and store your information. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our policy.
- Riders: Any person who requests or receives transportation, including those who receive transportation requested by another individual
- Boda Boda Drivers: Any person who provides transportation to riders.
Our data practices are subject to the applicable laws in place in which we operate. This means that the App is governed by the Laws of Kenya and TissBoda chooses as its domicillium Citendi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement. Whether in respect of court processes, notice of other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
III. Data Collection and Uses
- Information Requested: All information requested by TissBoda Software upon the users request for registration is requested in order to offer you our professional services (for taxi and parcel services) as well as the app specific feature for NHIF and Pension Fund contribution. The personal data requested and submitted voluntarily shall be processed in accordance with the users right to privacy. The users personal data shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. When the user downloads the TissBoda App, we collect your device type, your wireless carrier and the users Individual device ID which is associated with your personal data all to primarily support your account and provide the user with TissBoda Services.
- User Account: The user is responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your password and account and is fully accountable for all activities under the users account. You may allow other members of your household to use the app under your account and the user agrees to pay all charges that shall accrue in respect to such usage. The user also agrees to supervise all usage of the app by minors.
- Information collected: TissBoda shall collect tracking information of the user whenever the App of software is in use. Whenever the user is using the app, the phone of the boda boda driver shall record the riders GPS coordinates. This information is solely collected to provide the user with the history of the rides. TissBoda also collects the device type and unique identifier when its application is in use. This information is used for the sole purpose of providing the user with the most updated application and features. The information of the rider’s geo-location is also solely tracked to enable you view the boda boda drivers close to you for the purpose of using the app. TissBoda may collect the users geo-location when the app is not in use for the purpose of providing its users with efficient geo-based services however such use shall require the users consent who may terminate such usage from the individual device at any time.
- Usage:Our primary goal as TissBoda in collecting information is to provide the user with an enhanced experience in our services. TissBoda uses the collected information for various purposes as outlined below; i. To welcome the user to the TissBoda App or Website upon registration ii. To closely monitor which features of TissBoda services are popular with the users. iii. To allow the user to view the trip history iv. To use the user’s personal data for the purpose of submitting individual NHIF and Pension Contributions to the specific authorities. v. To inform the user of any promotions running by TissBoda vi. To enable TissBoda determine which features it needs to improve, including usage patterns and geographic locations and resources. vii. To provide communication to the user during pick up and drop off. viii. To provide the user with the correct version of the app depending on the user’s device type. ix. For troubleshooting and in some cases for marketing purposes.
Cookies and other anonymous information:
How TissBoda shares the user’s information with third parties:
- TissBoda Service providers under contract who will assist with part of our business operations (e.g., marketing, technology services). However TissBoda requires the service providers to only use the users information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- To a parent company, any subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (collectively, “Affiliates”), in which case we will require our Affiliates to honour this Privacy statement;
- TissBoda shall share the users’ personal data with the relevant authorities consistent with the features of the app ie. NHIF and County Pension Fund only to the extent of remitting the users contributions as more detailed in the app terms and conditions.
- TissBoda may share the user’s personal data with the law enforcement, government officials or other third parties when; compelled to do so by a court order or similar legal procedure, when TissBoda needs to do so to comply with the law, we believe in good faith that we need these information to protect or defend the rights or property of Company or users of the software or other services and Other third parties with your consent or directed to do so.
IV. User Rights
- The user has a right to access individual personal data in custody of TissBoda
- To be informed of the use to which the user’s personal data is to be put.
- To object to the processing of all or part of the user’s personal data
- To correction of false or misleading data. If the user’s personal data changes, or if the user no longer desires TissBoda service the user has the right to correct, delete or amend it by making the changes on TissBoda information page or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .TissBoda will respond to your access request as soon as possible. We will retain the user’s information (including geo-location) for as long as the user’s account is active or as needed to provide our services.
- The user has a right to cancel the account or request TissBoda to cease using the user’s personal data. The user can contact TissBoda for this purpose through email@example.com . TissBoda will retain the users personal data if need be to the extent of complying with TissBoda’s legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce agreements.
- To delete false or misleading personal data about the user.
V. Security Measures
TissBoda assures its users that the personal data and geo-location information collected is securely stored within our database. TissBoda uses standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption and firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information – such as any portions of your credit card number which we retain (we do not ourselves retain your entire credit card information). However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and any information you transmit to the Company you do at your own risk.